NoHo News Join our email list Jefferson Library GVSHP Mission East Village

Home : Preservation : Stuyvesant Polyclinic


Site Map/Search

Reset Text Size Smaller Font Larger Font



Stuyvesant Polyclinic

LATEST NEWS




Stay current with GVSHP’s East Village preservation efforts




The Villager:
11/12/08
05/07/08
09/12/07
05/30/07
01/03/07





Stuyvesant Polyclinic State & National Register of Historic Places Nomination




Exterior and interior photos of the Stuyvesant Polyclinic




Stuyvesant Polyclinic NYC Landmarks Preservation Commission Designation Report





The old Stuyvesant Polyclinic building at 137 Second Avenue is an individual New York City landmark built in 1883-4 by William Schickel as the Deutches (German) Dispensary. Along with it’s companion the neighboring landmarked Ottendorfer Branch of the New York Public Library at 135 Second Avenue, it was commissioned by Anna and Oswald Ottendorfer, philanthropists concerned with the welfare of New York’s German immigrant community, when this area was known as “Kleindeutschland,” or Little Germany.





  Connect with GVSHP:

 

Facebook

MySpace

Flickr

Twitter

YouTube




Home : Preservation : Stuyvesant Polyclinic

The Greenwich Village Society for Historic Preservation : 232 East 11 Street, New York, NY 10003 : 212 475 9585 : gvshp@gvshp.org

© GVSHP

Credits, Copyright, Terms of Service, and Privacy Statements