Please note: Building pictures may take some time to appear
West 10th Street fašade (top); Charles Street fašade (bottom)
Address: 150-168 Charles St. (also 287-303 W. 10th St.)
N.B.: 194 - 12/31/1937
Architect: David Levy
Original Owner: Beadleston and Woerz Inc.
Original Use: storage and office
1956 (Alt. #80): fourth story added.
Address: 403-404 West St. (also 170 Charles St.)
Completed: 1852 as two buildings
Original Owner: Ebenezer H. Pray
Original Use: 2 dwellings with stores below
1890 (Alt. #2082): previously combined for use as a storage warehouse and being converted into a livery stable. 1923 (Alt. #34): converted into a garage. 1939 (Alt. #423): ground floor converted into a tire repair shop and upper floors as tire storage. 1990's -- upper floors converted to residences and facades altered, windows elongated and combined.
Address: 401-402 West St.
N.B.: Alt. #1962 - 9/29/1947
Architect: John B. Snook and Sons
Original Owner: Continental Marine Repairs
Original Use: machine shop
1947 (Alt. #1962): lots 46 and 47 combined, new front added.
Address: 400 West St.
N.B.: Alt. #1379 - 8/14/1945
Architect: Richard Shutkind
Original Owner: Newman Realty Corp.
Original Use: machine repair shop
Alt. # 1379 - 8/14/1945 Under this alteration, a 3 story brick building was reduced to a 1-story building with mezzanine and given the present brick fašade.
Address: 399 West Street
Completed: ca. 1999
Original Use: residence
Address: 398 West St.
Original Owner: Isaac Amerman
Original Use: dwelling with shop below
1916 (Alt. #2884): ground floor fašade removed, iron girders and new storefront installed. 1967 (Alt. #1327): ground floor converted to restaurant. Though the ground floor has been altered, this is a largely intact early 19th century federal style house.
Address: 396-397 West St. (also 305 W. 10th St.)
N.B.: 162 - 3/12/1903
Architect: Charles Stegmayer
Original Owner: Albert Adler
Original Use: hotel
Former Holland Hotel . Ground floor fašade has been altered, but nearly all details above ground floor and original corner cast-iron column remain intact. One of the most impressive, and diminutive, of the Greenwich Village waterfront seamen's hotels.