Please note: Building pictures may take some time to appear
Former U.S. Appraiser's Warehouse for the Customs Service of the Treasury Department/former U.S. Federal Building/former National Archives Building/now The Archives Apartments
Address: 150 Christopher St. (also 660 Greenwich St., 112-116 Barrow St., 641 Washington St.)
Architect: Willoughby J. Edbrooke
Original Owner: U.S. Treasury Department
Original Use: Warehouse
Designated New York City Landmark, 1966, altered to apartments, 1987. For more than a quarter century, all imported goods coming into NY requiring examination by customs appraisers went through this building. 1932, other uses introduced by federal gov't, came to be known as the US Federal Bldg. 1938, altered for US Post Office Substation and Federal Archives, facade nearly intact. Along with Shepherd Warehouse and Tower Warehouse, formed a mighty triumvirate of Romanesque industrial monuments in the Far West Village.