106-112 East 14th Street, 105-109 East 13th Street | Block : 559 | Lot #12
Description & Building Alterations
In 1882, a previous building on this lot was the home of Luchow’s restaurant, a popular German eatery. It was frequented by many well-known New Yorkers, including Theodore Roosevelt, O. Henry, and J.P. Morgan. The 88-year-old landmark was sold by Longchamps, Inc. in 1971 for $2.2 million. NYU constructed the current building in 1998.
Block : 559 / Lot : 12 / Building Date : 1998 / Original Owner : NYU / Original Use : Residential / Original Architect : Davis Brody & Association