111 Avenue A; 131-3 East 7th Street | Block : 435 | Lot #37
Description & Building Alterations
This lot contains three buildings. 111 Avenue A was built as a five-story pre-law tenement in 1858-59. The five-story building at 131 East 7th Street was erected in 1862-63. It was unclear when the addition at 133 East 7th Street was constructed. The lot was once part of William B. Astor’s holdings and was leased out in 1859. 111 Avenue A used to house the Ukrainian restaurant Leshko’s which opened in 1957 and served traditional Ukrainian fare.
The buildings all feature bracketed cornices with a paneled frieze. Their historic window lintels and sills were replaced in 2010. 133 East 7th Street features a simple cast iron storefront.
Block : 435 / Lot : 037 / Building Date : 1858-59, 1862-1863 / Original Owner : Henry Vulmer(1858-59), Frederick Mohr(1862-63) / Original Use : Residential/Commercial / Original Architect : Unknown