118 East 7th Street | Block : 434 | Lot #23
Description & Building Alterations
This Italianate six-story building was constructed in 1863. It is located in the East Village/Lower East Side Historic District and was one of four identical developments. The lot was once part of William B. Astor’s holdings and was leased out in the 1860’s.
The present facade features a metal cornice, corbelled brick frieze, molded sills and lintels with parts of the original entrance door hood visible on the first story. Other historic details like the stoop have been removed, and the entrance replaced by a window. More information can be found in the Designation Report, linked in the “Additional Resources” section.
Block : 434 / Lot : 023 / Building Date : 1863 / Original Owner : William B. Astor / Original Use : Residential / Original Architect : Unknown