122 East 7th Street | Block : 434 | Lot #25
Description & Building Alterations
This Italianate six-story building was constructed in 1863. It is located in the East Village/Lower East Side Historic District and was one of four identical developments. The lot was once part of William B. Astor’s holdings and was leased out in the 1860’s.
The present facade features a bracketed metal cornice with a paneled frieze above the ground story, metal lintels on the second story along with molded stone lintels and sills on the top three stories, a metal cornice at top of building, and a corbelled brick frieze. The building has retained its historic storefront. More information can be found in the Designation Report, linked in the “Additional Resources” section.
Block : 434 / Lot : 025 / Building Date : 1863 / Original Owner : William B. Astor / Original Use : Residential / Original Architect : Unknown