154 East 7th Street | Block : 402 | Lot #21
Description & Building Alterations
This five-story tenement building survives despite the 1955 refacing campaign that took place on the lots to its west. The brick Italianate-style building has a deep bracketed cornice and segmental arched lintels. The ground floor has been heavily altered and there are added air conditioner openings below the second floor windows. The building was built by 1861. The lot was once part of William B. Astor’s holdings between 1850-1875.
Block : 402 / Lot : 021 / Building Date : 1861 / Original Owner : Herman Hahn / Original Use : Residential / Original Architect : Unknown