195 East 7th Street | Block : 390 | Lot #58
Description & Building Alterations
This four-story building was constructed in 1847 in conjunction with four other buildings by owner Richard Totten.
The painted brick façade is three bays wide and features a bracketed cornice with circular ornamentation between each bracket at the frieze. The windows have simple lintels and sills. In 1910, the show windows were replace and then in 1922, the ground level was converted into a synagogue. Today, the ground level is still used for religious purposes, though it is occupied by Iglesias De Dios.
Block : 390 / Lot : 058 / Building Date : 1847 / Original Owner : Richard Totten / Original Use : Residential / Original Architect : Unknown