218 East 9th Street | Block : 464 | Lot #19
Description & Building Alterations
This four story brick building was constructed in 1871 for Mitchel Halliday who was also the builder. The lot also had a workshop for him. In 1941, owner Louis Steinhardt indicated that the building was being used as an auto repair shop, an office, and a one family dwelling. The building features a bracketed cornice and hooded bracketed lintels above the windows of the second, third, and fourth stories. The facade has been painted white at the second story.
Block : 464 / Lot : 19 / Building Date : 1871 / Original Owner : Mitchel Halliday / Original Use : Residential / Original Architect : Mitchel Halliday