219 Avenue A | Block : 441 | Lot #32
Description & Building Alterations
This five-story building was originally erected in 1849-50 as a row house, and was converted to multiple dwellings probably by the turn of the century. Its facade features a bracketed cornice in Queen Anne-style, with an elevated center piece inscribed with “C. K.,” molded window lintels with ornamental details, footed sills, and engaged pilasters flanking the main entry on first floor. The lintels and sills at the second and third stories of the north bay have been partially removed to make way for electric signage.
Block : 441 / Lot : 032 / Building Date : 1849-50 / Original Owner : John Kennedy / Original Use : Residential / Original Architect : Unknown