230 East 9th Street | Block : 464 | Lot #25
Description & Building Alterations
Up until 1878, this lot held stables owned by Benjamin R. Winthrop. In 1879, tax assessment records show a three story house on the lot, still owned by Winthrop. This row house was converted into industrial use in 1919, and in 1950 it was again converted, this time into a factory, office, and family dwelling. The cornice, arched lintels, and bracketed sills are painted white.
Block : 464 / Lot : 25 / Building Date : 1879 / Original Owner : Benjamin R. Winthrop / Original Use : Residential / Original Architect : Unknown