243-245 East 11th Street; 175 2nd Avenue | Block : 467 | Lot #35
Description & Building Alterations
Constructed in 1935, this six-story brick apartment building replaced the Old Stuyvesant Mansion. The mansion, which was demolished to make way for this apartment building, was constructed in 1845 for Peter Gerard Stuyvesant. In 1885 the house was converted into apartments and in 1915 it became the St. Mark’s Hospital.
Block : 467 / Lot : 35 / Building Date : 1935 / Original Owner : Bowmark Realty Corporation / Original Use : Residential / Original Architect : Sugarman and Berger