238 East 9th Street | Block : 464 | Lot #32
Description & Building Alterations
Tax records indicate that this structure was built in 1833 as part of a U shaped stable, composed of two structures, which occupied three lots. By 1879, the two buildings, previously assessed separately, were categorized together and increased in value. In 1880, the tax record notes that this section of the building was four stories, as opposed to two stories, the height of the rest of the structure.
The residential building now features commercial space on the ground floor. The facade is painted red at the ground floor. Most of its architectural features are obscured by a covering of ivy, and the cornice is partially visible underneath the ivy.
Block : 464 / Lot : 32 / Building Date : 1833/1879 alt. / Original Owner : William Linus Morris/Duackubusch, Leeds / Original Use : Stable / Original Architect : Unknown