240-242 East 9th Street | Block : 464 | Lot #33
Description & Building Alterations
Designed in 1903 by architects Sass & Smallheiser for owners Mishkind & Feinberg, this six story tenement housed 12 families over ground-floor shops. The two-tone brick building features splayed lintels and scrolled keystones. On the fifth story, the second and third, and the fifth and sixth window bays are topped with a pediment. The historic cornice was removed sometime after the 1980s tax photo was taken.
Block : 464 / Lot : 33 / Building Date : 1903 / Original Owner : Mishkind & Feinberg / Original Use : Residential/Commerical / Original Architect : Sass & Smallheiser