268 East 10th Street | Block : 437 | Lot #15
Description & Building Alterations
This three-bay wide, four-story with basement building was originally erected in 1851 as a house, and was turned into a tenement later in time. The building has housed the Russian & Turkish baths for over 100 years.
The present facade was newly installed during an alteration in 2008, replacing the historical one (see the tax photo). Today the building features simple plain brick facing at upper stories, stone base with inscriptions on top, and a molded door hood.
Block : 437 / Lot : 015 / Building Date : 1851, 2008 / Original Owner : R. J. Cheeseborough(1851), DST Russian & Turkish Bath Corp.(2008) / Original Use : Residential / Original Architect : Unknown(1851), George Schwarz Architects(2008)