27 Third Avenue | Block : 464 | Lot #3
Description & Building Alterations
25 Third Avenue was constructed in 1829 for William Butler, and 27 Third Avenue was constructed in 1831 for Piere Hall. Both were originally built as residences above ground-floor shops. By 1914, both buildings were six-stories tall and only used for commercial purposes. In 1936, the upper floors of both buildings were removed and the remaining one-story structures were joined along with 3 St. Mark’s Place.
The bar Continental operated here from 1990-2018 and played many punk and rock shows until 2006, when it stopped playing live music.
Block : 464 / Lot : 3 / Building Date : 1829 (no. 25), 1831 (no. 27) / Original Owner : William Butler (no. 25), 1831 (no. 27) / Original Use : Residential/Commercial/ Original Architect : Unknown