303-305 East 6th Street | Block : 448 | Lot #53
Description & Building Alterations
The two buildings at 303 and 305 East 6th Street can be viewed as one structure but with two cornices. They were originally built in 1872-73, and were altered into multi-family dwellings with storefronts in 1882. Prior to 1882, there were two properties on the lot functioning as haylofts with stables on the first floor.
The present facades feature red brick in running bond, simplified rectangular lintels, bracketed sills, and a bracketed cornice with floral details and a paneled frieze.
Block : 448 / Lot : 053 / Building Date : 1872-73, 1882 / Original Owner : John Hock (1872-73), Matilda Jantzen (1882) / Original Use : Residential / Original Architect : Unknown (1872-73), John M. Forster (1882)