313 East 6th Street | Block : 448 | Lot #49
Description & Building Alterations
This three-story with basement tenement was originally built in 1853, as part of a group of row houses at Nos. 313-321 East 6th Street. It seems that these single-family rowhouses were converted into the existing tenements since the building footprints do not change on the historic maps. The conversion into tenements occurred before 1897.
The present facade of No. 313 features a rusticated brownstone surface at the base, molded brownstone window lintels and rectangular sills, and a bracketed roof cornice with a paneled frieze. The entrance enframement at the first story has been simplified.
In 1948, the basement of No. 313 was occupied by a “social club,” according to a Certificate of Occupancy of that year.
Block : 448 / Lot : 049 / Building Date : 1853 / Original Owner : J. Palmer / Original Use : Residential / Original Architect : Unknown