This five-story with basement tenement was built in 1867, together with No. 319 East 5th Street. The two buildings share the same facade design.
The present facade features a molded bracketed cornice, arched window lintels with dentils, bracketed sills, and a segmentally-arched door hood above the entrance that remains at the top of the stoop. The basement level storefronts feature galvanized iron cornices that were added in 1893.