326 East 6th Street | Block : 447 | Lot #19
Description & Building Alterations
This five-story tenement was built in 1863 by the heirs of Stephen Whitney, who purchased many properties on this block in 1825, including the buildings next to it. Along with lots 17, 18, and 26, this lot was sold in 1907 to Joseph Buttenweiser. This building is Italianate with Renaissance Revival details.
This building features entrance enframed by cast-iron columns, elaborate bracketed cast-iron cornice, and part of cast-iron cornice over stores. Other characters include ornamental brick frieze, and molded stone lintels over most windows. The storefront has been infilled.
Block : 447 / Lot : 019 / Building Date : 1863 / Original Owner : Heirs of Stephen Whitney / Original Use : Residential / Original Architect : Unknown