336 East 6th Street | Block : 447 | Lot #24
Description & Building Alterations
This five-story with basement tenement was built in 1864 by the heirs of Stephen Whitney, who purchased many properties on this block in 1825.
The facade features cast-iron columns flanking the entrance and edges of the ground floor, a bracketed iron cornice with frieze, and molded window lintels and sills. The entrance has been moved from the first floor to the basement level, with the ground floor reconfigured and refaced.
Block : 447 / Lot : 024 / Building Date : 1864 / Original Owner : Heirs of Stephen Whitney / Original Use : Residential / Original Architect : Unknown