340 East 14th Street | Block : 455 | Lot #28
Description & Building Alterations
This fire house was designed by architect Napoleon LeBrun and completed in 1880 by contractor John McGuire. In 1889 a new steel floor was installed and the rear elevation was extended. 340 East 14th street is three stories in height and three bays wide with a symmetrically arranged brick facade with brownstone details including belt and string courses. The center windows have segmental arches and the intact metal cornice features modillions. The first floor features cast iron ornament.
Block : 455 / Lot : 028 / Building Date : 1880 / Original Owner : City of New York / Original Use : Institutional / Original Architect : Napoleon LeBrun