426 East 14th Street; 426-430 East 14th Street | Block : 441 | Lot #20
Description & Building Alterations
Three five-story tenements stand on this lot. They were built at the same time and share identical facades. In 1909, the stable and loft building in the rear of the lot was demolished. New storefronts facing 14th Street were installed at that time. The current facades feature bracketed cornices with a frieze, neo Grec-style window lintels, footed sills, and banding.
Block : 441 / Lot : 020 / Building Date : 1882-83 / Original Owner : Hugh O’Brien (No. 426-428)/H. L. Moringer (No. 430) / Original Use : Residential / Original Architect : Unknown