48½ East 7th Street | Block : 448 | Lot #7
Description & Building Alterations
This five-story tenement shares Lot 7 with the building at 116 Second Avenue/48 East 7th Street. A low brick extension connects these two structures; the extension has a sign that reads “Via Della Pace.” The tenement was built in 1875-76.
The facade of this building features a bracketed cornice with a decorated frieze, pedimented lintels on the second story, simple molded lintels on the upper floors, and bracketed rectangular sills. The historic portico has been stripped except for the scroll brackets. The cornice above the first floor has been removed.
Block : 448 / Lot : 007 / Building Date : 1875-76 / Original Owner : Est J. A. De Aquilar (aka Andequiler) / Original Use : Residential / Original Architect : Unknown