532 East 6th Street | Block : 401 | Lot #26
Description & Building Alterations
Housing eight families, or two per floor over ground-floor shops, this pre-law tenement was built in 1862-1863 by William B. Astor as a speculative development. This building and its neighbors to the east were identical buildings and were built in conjunction with Nos. 528 and 530 to the west, even though they varied in design from those two buildings.
Now missing its arched window lintels and part of its cornice, 532 East 6th Street has also been painted and the ground-floor shops were converted into apartments in 1958.
Block : 401 / Lot : 026 / Building Date : 1862-1863 / Original Owner : William B. Astor / Original Use : Residential/Commercial / Original Architect : Unknown