65 St. Mark’s Place | Block : 450 | Lot #42
Description & Building Alterations
This five-story Queen Anne style tenement was originally erected in 1884 on the former site of the German Dispensary as dwellings for ten families. The present facade features an elaborate cornice with a projecting pedimented centerpiece, molded window lintels, patterned brickwork, and carved panels. The entrance is set on a high stoop, enframed by fluted pilasters and an entablature on top.
Block : 450 / Lot : 042 / Building Date : 1884 / Original Owner : William & George Schuster / Original Use : Residential / Original Architect : Jobst Hoffmann