69 St. Mark’s Place | Block : 450 | Lot #40
Description & Building Alterations
This five-story building was originally constructed in 1889 by the German Odd Fellows Association as a club house with a dwelling on the third and fourth floors for one family. The building’s facade features brick and limestone details, round-arched openings at the second and fourth stories, tympanums at the fifth story, decorative panels and beltcourses, and brick engaged pilasters through the third and fourth stories. A projecting addition has been added at the first story, possibly in 1950, which serves as a deck for the second story above. The historical roof cornice has been removed, and the first story has been reconfigured.
Block : 450 / Lot : 040 / Building Date : 1889 / Original Owner : German Odd Fellows Association / Original Use : Institutional / Original Architect : William C. Frohne