719 East 6th Street | Block : 376 | Lot #54
Description & Building Alterations
Nos. 719, 721 and 723 were built in 1886 (No. 723 was demolished). The five story brick building is four bays wide with a brick parapet with string courses, decorative brick spandrels, and window lintels that have been shaved down. After having been abandoned in 1988 it was reoccupied by squatters and was part of the 2002 deal to turn over a number of buildings to the residents that had occupied the previously abandoned buildings. The building suffered a fire after the deal and the residents had a harder time than others to renovate.
Block : 376 / Lot : 054 / Building Date : 1886 / Original Owner : Jacob Miller / Original Use : Residential / Original Architect : E.W. Greis